Wednesday 17 March 2021

Waterbound

 I went out late one night

The moon and stars were shining bright

Storm come up and the trees come down

Tell you boys I was waterbound

Waterbound on a stranger's shore

River rising to my door

Carried my home to the field below

Waterbound nowhere to go

Carved my name on an old barn wall

No one'd know I was there at all

Stables dry on a winter night

You turn your head you could see the light

Black cat crawling on an old box car

Rusty door and a falling star

Ain't Got a dime in my rations sack

Waterbound and I can't get back

It's I'm gone and I won't be back

Don't believe me count my tracks

River's long and the river's wide

I'll meet you boys on the other side

So say my name and don't forget

Water still ain't got me yet

Nothing but I'm bound to roam

Waterbound and I can't get home

No comments:

Post a Comment